Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving at the Chatti House


























This Thanksgiving was the first one I've spent with my family since 2010! Though Henrik's mom would fly out to California to celebrate Thanksgiving with us, I really missed having the big, crazy group experience. Henrik comes from a small family―the only child of two only children―but I come from a rambunctious merging of a big Arab family and a big Irish one, and I'm used to there always being bustling and noise. This Thanksgiving was the first time joining Henrik's small family with my much larger one, and it was wonderful! My father's former Ph.D. student, who is also Tunisian, came with her adorable two-year-old Zak, and my sister's boyfriend joined us as well. I really am so thankful that I was able to join my family for Thanksgiving this year. It had been too long since I ate turkey and played Pictionary!

3 comments :

  1. That's awesome you were able to go home for Thanksgiving this year! What lovely photos <3

    -
    Cecilia
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! :D I hope you had a great holiday with your little cutie pie!

      Delete
  2. Omg I'm half arab half irish too! :O High five!! :D haha

    http://secretlifeofanirishteen.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day⎯really! I love reading what you have to say. Hope to hear from you. :)

Best,
Leila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips